Top 10 Reasons Why I Like Working for Myself

1. My work speaks for itself. I was tired of my boss constantly looking over my shoulder and telling me I wasn't good enough. The feedback I get from my clients is truly attributable only to myself; no one can take that from me.

2. Office attire now consists of slippers, yoga pants and a hoodie. And yes, I start everyday with a shower.

3. No more “9 to 5”. If I want to work at 7am then take a yoga class at 11am, I can. Likewise if I choose to sleep in a little and work late. Plus, I love those afternoon siestas!

4. Plenty of opportunities to make WAY more money. I am no longer slave to the “you’re-not-worthy-of-your-full-bonus-even-though-there’s-no-reason-you-shouldn’t-have-it-other-than-I-don’t-like-you-and-I-want-a-new-in-ground-pool-installed.”

5. I create my own challenges and accept the projects I want – and at the rates I choose.

6. I am no longer “stuck” with a boss or colleagues; I get to choose who I want to work with.

7. More freedom to meet and network with people. If someone asks for a coffee meeting at 10:30 in the morning, I don’t have to tell the boss where I’m going or make excuses. I just go.

8. I get to spend more time with my cat.

9. Lunches don’t come in plastic containers; I make it all fresh.

10. No more office politics. I play by my own rules.
-------------------------------------------------------------

8 Reasons Eminem's Popularity is a Disaster for Wo...

10 Reasons Why You Should Smile More Often


0 comments: